Friday, 23 September 2011

Weekend Rewind - Something creative edition

Last week's Rewind was all about surprising posts. Ones that you wrote that you didn't expect to have the success they had. My favourite posts of the week were this one by Whoa Mumma and this one by InkPaperPen. 

Today is the last day of school for NSW Public school kids. The end of Term 3. I both love and loathe school holidays. I am always grateful* to have a break from the 'routine' of school life to be sure, but that privilege comes with the added bonus of another child to look after. And of course,there is the small issue of finding creative ways to amuse the children without going bankrupt in the process.

So I thought this week's Weekend Rewind might be all about sharing some creativity. Maybe it is a craft project (for Dummies please) that you have done with your kids? A fantastic outfit you pulled together? A piece of creative writing? A costume you made? A photograph you are particularly proud of? Anything, well, creative.


So if you are prepared to get started, the rules of this meme remain the same each week. All you have to do is become my friend, if we are not already acquainted, then link up a relevant post from your archives and get reading and commenting. The more comments the merrier. And don't forget to Tweet, Facebook and/or Stumble your favourites to share the joy with other readers. Try to add a link back to me in your posts so that  we can expand the reach of the Weekend Rewind.


I will show you mine to start us off... Artistic Flair


Now show us...


* I am linking this post to Maxabella Loves... grateful linky being hosted by the Lioness Lady while Sister B continues her rest. Pop over for a look.

11 comments:

joeh said...

So i thought i did not have anything to fit this rewind criteria. So I was not going to enter. SO then I found this. SO I submit my creative writing from the 6th grade along with my mom's from the 6th grade. So I hope you like it.

Is it ok to start a sentence with "SO"?

Cranky Old Man

Erin said...

A new criteria, you constantly amaze me. I've shared a post that actually is my most popular post,(I always find it fascinating to see what garners the looks) The cloak looks great but actually was not that difficult to make (once I figured it out;)

Diminishing Lucy said...

Ahhh. Cannot wait to come back tonight and read all these! xx

Life In A Pink Fibro said...

I've got NOTHING!

Quill and Ink Handmade said...

Oh, I do love this post of yours - and such a great topic this week!

Have a wonderful weekend x

Halina said...

Thank you for letting me join :)

jody said...

hello! popping over via the grateful linky. hope you're having a good weekend :)

Halina said...

Thank you so much for that kind comment (I feel much better after just writing about it).And I'm very honored by your follow!

emma @ frog, goose and bear said...

Now this is something that I can definitely join in on! I'll be browsing every single one who links up today I think.

bigwords is... said...

We have one more week until school holidays in SA - with only one child in kindergarten I am not too overwhelmed with lunch boxes etc, but I can see down the track it will drive me insane!! enjoy your break x

Lib said...

Thanks for stopping by and for your lovely comment...much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...