Sunday, 4 September 2011

A welcoming post

Completely unrelated image from here
I am behind the eight ball tonight. I have all of the Weekend Rewind posts to visit, piles of washing to fold and a cleaner to clean up for. The Father's Day weekend has been busy and bright. I have definitely said goodbye to my winter slump.

The good news is, that I am guest posting over at Diminishing Lucy's (due to pop up miraculously at the crack of dawn tomorrow). It is all about putting the 'me' in dieting. Pop over and take a look.

Guest posting is much harder than posting for yourself. It feels more like a 'writing gig' and I had a lot of trouble finding my 'voice'. Great practise if you are wanting to crack into the paid writing market, or just a challenge if, like me, you do this blogging caper for fun.

Anyway, if you are visiting from Lucy's blog, thanks a million for taking the time. You might like to read more about my long and bumpy weight loss journey here, or find out more about how I manage my four children here, or join the easiest linky in the world, the Weekend Rewind each Friday night (10pm EST) where you can air posts from your archives for some new comment love.

If I can get on top of this Fadmin, I reckon I will be back with a vengeance this week with a 52in52 update, the Buy Nothing New for a Year September check in and other tales from the trenches.

How was your weekend? Did you spoil all the father's in your life?

8 comments:

ClaireyHewitt said...

I have said I would guest post for two people, but I still haven't supplied anything. I really feel it needs to be a great post, not just something I throw together like I do for myself.

therhythmmethod said...

I am soo behind, we had a big weekend too: a busy week with sick kids followed by a writing festival yesterday and daddy's day today means things have piled up. Including the Rewind. Sorry about that. Will get on board and spread some love.
Will also pop over to Lucy's and say howdy. x

Mama of 2 boys said...

Whoa! You have some energy Multiple Mum! Good luck with the guest post, I'll be sure to stop by. Take care of yourself in amongst all the fadmin, writing and working xo

Diminishing Lucy said...

And what a lovely guest you are too...xx

Ali said...

I don't know how you do it all. It makes me exhausted just thinking about it. Looking forward to checking out your guest post.

danneromero said...

lucy referred me.... interesting read... i will be following your words...

Eloise said...

ahhh, the cleaning up for the cleaner - yep I do that too :) In saying that I have just spent an hour in my kitchen after cleaning up after yesterday's Fathers Day lunch for 15......there is a reason why I do not volunteer to do family get togethers at my place!

Kymmie said...

Look at all those things you do. Sometimes it's just exhausting isn't it?

Must go and look at your guest post, and understand that bit about finding your voice. I go into stress mode when guest posting!

Our Father's Day was spend gardening. I also volunteered for couple of hours at the local Bunnings sausage sizzle for my son's kinder. Twas a fun day!

xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...