Wednesday, 14 December 2011

I am bloody cold


This is what I *should* be wearing today. Image from here.  
 I am bloody cold. There. I have admited it.

I can't get used to this weather. It is December and it is cold. What is with that?

I have been cold every day for the past two weeks because I refuse to wear a proper jumper. It is Summer. You don't wear coats, scarves and beanies in Summer. It is just not right. A light cotton cardie in the evening, maybe, but not Winter clothes.

The morning sunshine really fooled me this morning and I have to admit that I am freezing. I had to wear the 'team cardigan' out of the office at lunch today because my outfit of choice was not warm enough. My colleagues asked my why I was wearing short sleeves on such a cold day. "It is Summer". I said. Okay then...

The kids are struggling too under my unhelpful attitude. As Winter dripped into Spring, I did the usual cull of their wardrobes, packed up their Winter woolies and pulled out their next size range. It isn't working out well for them. The Winter size threes are too long for the twins for example and the Summer outfits are too cold. We are all inappropriately dressed.

The Geege had the hide to put the heater on the other night. It *was* about 12 degrees, but you can't use a heater in December can you? I switched it off suggesting he get a blanket instead. It just went against my grain, although I had to admit that I was bloody cold once I had.

I don't know why I am in denial exactly, but I feel like if I give in and accept this extended Winter, then Summer won't come. So, I am holding tough. This weather will turn around and offer up a bit of sunshine at some stage. It *has* to. After all, it *is* Summer.

How are you handling the cold Summer weather if you are experiencing it? And if you aren't, boast about your sunny climate and remind me what a real Summer in Australia is like.

23 comments:

Sam-O said...

A big fat ditto!

Right down to the clothes cull. It's ridiculous.

Jen R said...

Not happy here I want to swim in the sea!!

georgi said...

summer always comes... and its better to be warm..speaking from my own experience x

Maxabella said...

Me too! I just can't bring myself to drag out the box of winter clothes that I've stored at the BOTTOM of the cupboard with multiple items on top... x

Coal Valley View said...

Not a drop of rain since we left Sydney 3 weeks ago, although some days it is rather too warm here in the desert, boast boast boast :-)

Diminishing Lucy said...

Boiling here in Adelaide. Or is it just that I've been making too many cakes?!

Miss Pink said...

I did the same with the clothes for the kids. It's really pissing me off. It's gone beyond a joke now. It's effing December we are supposed to be complaining about the heat, not wondering where the eff it is!

Sarah Mac said...

12 degrees?

You POOR things ;)

Feel free to swap with the biting winds, pouring rain and frosty nights here in the UK.

Oh, and we have a gale forecast tonight .... and my roof is leaking .... :(

Anybody cheering up yet?

I hope the sun shines for you all VERY soon and be sure to post some pics I can warm myself by.

Lower North Shore Blog said...

It must be very warm inside :)
love it.

ClaireyHewitt said...

I have been cold for so long my puffer vest is wearing out.

I hear you.

Mrs Catch said...

Weird weather is right. It's cold in Brisbane too. Summer will probably come out with a vengeance though after this. And then we'll all be dying of heatstroke...

hearts_in_asia said...

Lucy says 'boiling in Adelaide,' but it's actually boiling one day and freezing the next (in the hills). I'm here in jeans, socks, three layers on top and considering putting on the heater. I have to keep reminding myself that Summer doesn't get hot automatically, and how much I'll hate the 40+ celcius heatwave that is bound to descend on us in two months from now.

Mama of 2 boys said...

You are so funny, I LOVE this post :o)
I am totally with you. This temperature thing is ridiculous. And it is all about confusion, isn't it?? I mean being a Mama, I kind of have to lead the way, but at the moment, I don't even know what I'm doing when it comes to clothes. Poor Angus is even more confused. He keeps asking why I'm putting socks and shoes on him instead of sandals and keeps requesting that we go to the beach. Each day, I keep hoping that it will miraculously warm up.
I've packed the heater away, so it's blankets all the way here too... Oh and my big, soft, thick dressing gown. Yeah, Summer, my foot!

EmmaK said...

Well I am in USA and we have unseasonably warm weather. Kind of heavenly warmish spring weather with plenty of birds tweeting. I guess I should enjoy it till it starts bucketing down snow. Keep warm and drink plenty of mulled wine to keep the cold out!

Photographer Mum said...

My back door neighbour was like that when we lived in Mt Colah. He started wearing shorts on the first day of spring every year without fail. I didn't get it. If it's cold, wear a jumper. I have jumpers and long pants at the ready (I had packed them away but I pulled them out again) especially for the kids. Asthma is flaring in our house and it sux. I wish it would warm up soon!

ms.composure said...

omg that is def WAY WAY WAY 2 cold!!

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

InkPaperPen said...

The weather is confused here too. Was beautiful and warm yesterday, today it's cloudy and windy and may even rain. What happened?!

Julie said...

We made the mistake of putting up our Christmas tree in front of the heater, thinking we would not be using it... I don't know how many frustrating times I have moved the whole heater/ tree set-up around.

Lisa said...

It's mental. Just mental.

Rhonda said...

I'm sorry...I mean for me December means cold and winter and snow and ice. But I am trying to picture a July here with cold temps!

Janelle said...

I live in Canberra. I probably don't need to say anymore than that.
I wore my winter coat to work the other day! What gives?!

River said...

Clothes should never be culled until mid January when the real heat hits. December has always been fickle, you should know this by now.

Sherlyn said...

December for me means sweaters and warm clothes!
Check this out if you wish - The Season Personality Test
Which season are you like?
http://www.3smartcubes.com/pages/tests/season-personality/season-personality_instructions.asp

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...