Tuesday, 6 December 2011

The toothfairy diaries: Second tour of duty

Image from here
After unveiling such a fabulous plan for her first tour of duty and executing it superbly, our household toothfairy got a bit haphazard for her second tour.

Less than a week after losing his first tooth, Nugget's second tooth kamakazed from his gum on Saturday morning.

He flopped it on the table and said "Another one. I guess I'll get another couple of bucks hey?"

I had decided, after all the tip-toeing caused by the original 'under the pillow' plan, that I would try a new tactic. One that my own parents used with our teeth when we were young.

I encouraged him to pop his tooth under a glass and leave it in the middle of the table. And so he did.

All day I saw that tooth there and thought, I must remember to slip $2 under the glass and dispose of the tooth when he goes to bed. Only I forgot. And so did the Geege.

The next morning, Nugget exclaimed that the toothfairy had forgotten to come. Oh God! I thought. The Geege and I immediately spoke over the top of each other trying to explain that she has a lot to do and sometimes she takes a few days to come.

"Santa does it all in one night. For every kid" he said.

The Geege and I spoke over the top of each other coming up with excuses for the toothfairy. She is so small. Santa has helpers.

We had a cooked breakfast together and after cleaning up the table, I realised that the tooth was missing! Eek!

Nugget noticed. He said "My tooth has gone! Where is it Mum?"

"Maybe she has come?" I said. Loudly. Hoping the Geege was hearing me and working with me. "Right under our noses. She must have left some money for you somewhere. You had better start looking".

By the time he had gotten to his room to look under his pillow, the Geege had performed miracles!

Nugget and his entourage of brothers and sister came sprinting down the hall to tell me that the toothfairy had left money under the pillow. They discussed how amazing it was that she had come while we were all there and noone had seen her.

Smooth move Geege. Smooth.

Phew!

14 comments:

jaqs said...

awww, nice ending Coo xxx

jaqs said...

awww, nice ending Coo xxx

Life In A Pink Fibro said...

LOL. The things we do...

Kirsten- The Foreign Domestic said...

haha cute story!

Mum on the Run said...

Formidable covert operation tactics!
:-)

therhythmmethod said...

Ha! Nice work.

Diminishing Lucy said...

Oh, I love him! Clever clever man! Does he do interstate tricks too? I have a permanant Tooth Fairy Alarm set on my iPhone. Tragic forgetterer.

Miss Pink said...

Hahaha. Geege is on the ball! Mr Black would have sat there and said "HUH? IF OYU WANTED ME TO DO SOMETHING YOU SHULD HAVE SAID" Idiot.
Thankfully, we are yet to have a wobbly tooth, and i'm in no hurry for them.

Photographer Mum said...

omg this made me laugh! Good work.

Mel said...

Nice recovery! Thankfully we're a few years off needing the Tooth Fairy at the moment - don't know how I'm going to do it! Organising the Easter Bunny and Santa as well as the rest of the holiday festivities keeps me on my toes!

Cosmetic dentistry said...

Nice story and it was indeed funny as well. Thank you for sharing this interesting blog with everyone. It is good that the tooth fairy does not give chocolate for the kids. I really enjoyed reading your blog and keep sharing blogs like this one.

Jenna Schrock said...

That was a fantastic story. Are you the one who came up with the concept? I find the ending very dramatic. More and more children like tooth fairies nowadays.

cityhippyfarmgirl said...

Too funny! We had our own tooth fairy issues this week as well. We both forgot in the night, I franticly ran around in the am swapping boxes, finding money, being sneaky while Monkey Boy was still waking up. Pleased with myself, I realised that Mr Chocolate had already done all of that at 4am. Ah well...

emma @ frog, goose and bear said...

The tooth fairy is pretty ditzy at our house too. Forever forgetting and having to come back for return visits. Cheapskate at our house too - apparently she brings 5 dollar notes to other kids!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...