Wednesday, 25 January 2012

The Food Patrol 90 day challenge : a staggering beginning

Image from here*

I woke up on Saturday morning and amidst the chaos caused by the nit infestation I caught sight of myself in the mirror. 'I look flatter in the tummy' I thought. Don't be ridiculous came my inner critic. You've only been on the Food Patrol program five days.
______________________________________________

I have been following the rules of the diet to the letter. At times I feel like unknowingly I joined the army, with my regimented meal times. It feels like I am eating constantly and yet I am not particularly hungry. There is a lot of meat involved.

It is quite a 'macho' kind of program (which adds to my army impression) run by Commissioner Anis, with much talk of revealing your inner 'six pack' once the coats of fat have been burnt. I am under no false hope that I will get a six pack. It would be nice to be able to see my toes though.
________________________________________________

I arrived at work on Tuesday morning for my first weigh in. I felt confident that I had lost weight, how much was anyone's guess. My colleague caught sight of me as I was slinking into a nearby doctor's office to use her scales. She gasped "You have disappeared. In a week!".

I stepped onto the scales. Five kilos down*. My measurements have reduced significantly too. In eight days. Beyond my wildest imagination.

The Food Patrol is a sponsor of And then there were four.

* The macho is wearing off on me...
**For those interested in the fine print, this means that I now weigh 81.6kg

15 comments:

weza said...

wow how did you do it? Where do i find that diet!!!
BTW i did bro fist you. :)

Mum on the Run said...

Woooah - and Wow!!!
That's absolutely brilliant.
Well done.
:-)

Diminishing Lucy said...

As I said last night: hugely (or slimmingly?!) impressive!

Well done. Cannot wait to to hear next weeks result!

Xx

Maxabella said...

That's so brilliant. I'm very glad it's working and motivating. x

Nat - Muddy Farmwife said...

Fantastic. How wonderful. You must feel so good, keep up the army regime, without the drab uniform though!

Nat - Muddy Farmwife said...

Fantastic. How wonderful. You must feel so good, keep up the army regime, without the drab uniform though!

Mama of 2 boys said...

Five kilos is superb! Well done to you. You should feel really proud of yourself. I just can't help picturing that Commando character from Biggest Loser running your sessions... now that would be a bit of alright ;o) xo

Kelly Exeter said...

5kg is staggering - well done to you Chris :)

therhythmmethod said...

Amazing! Congrats, you must be feeling great. Hello toes!!
I really need to do something about my weight, it's creeping, and you had me right up until you mentioned all that meat. Is there a vego version of the Food Patrol program? ;)

Amy said...

Wowsers! Go you good thing!

Yay on the weight loss, that must be a great feeling.

Miss Mandy said...

That's awesome, I'm so glad you're having great results. It's rewarding isn't it.

Jen R said...

Go Girl, wonderful start :)

Something Gorgeous said...

Oh God I need some inspiration like this!

Rhonda said...

incredible!

Tricia said...

5 kg!!

Well done.

I've been focussing on exercising rather than dieting - but I seem to get hungrier the more I exercise so eat more. I finally decided today I have to stop mucking aorund and just do both.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...