Friday, 27 January 2012

Weekend Rewind - Most popular post (statistically speaking)

Hello and welcome to another Weekend Rewind. I have just gotten back from a quick barbecue with my old mother's group and am stepping out for some babysitting duties, so it will be a short and sweet introduction to this week's theme.

I have one post in my archives that has had more hits than any others by an absolute mile (we are talking 7000 hits). It isn't my best. It is just popular with the search engines. This week I want us to share the posts that have, statistically speaking, been our best (we may be able to work out how this whole SEO thing works?)

So if you are ready. Check your stats for your Most Statistically Popular post, become my friend (if we aren't already acquainted), link up your post in the linky-list below, and share some comment love with our fellow linkers. It is as easy as that! No wonder Allison (my sister and founder of the Weekend Rewind) calls it the "world's easiest linky".

I will get us started... Magda's Doppelganger

Now show us yours...

11 comments:

seana smith said...

Good evening - just off to bed... grab idea for this week's Rewind, I'm fascinated to see what Google send soother people.

I think my Putney Park is most popular because there's a Putney Park in London and maybe in other places. very high bounce rate!!

I've been a bit cheeky and put in one from the new blog which has a whole 7 posts up so far... and this most popular has 37 page views so far, definitely the most popular of the 7.

Seana smith said...

Oh dear, I meant 'great idea....'

Anna @ green tea n toast said...

I'm off to bed too and saw this just before I was shutting down. Good timing! Thanks for an easy linky that I can join in with this week! Loving weekend rewind. Will check in on the other posts tomorrow.
Night! x

Cathy said...

Great idea! It never ceases to amaze me how many google searches from around the world land on this page! Since writing the post, I had a third son - also with a double crown!

Sarah Mac said...

Somehow seemed to have linked to my dashboard by mistake! Could you delete the link for me please and I'll repost - thanks - People Don't Eat Enough Fudge,

Miss Pink said...

MY post is a search engine popular post too. It doesn't get comments, not even the spammy type, but it is usually the top post for the week despite being written back when I first started to blog and I was finding my footing.

Emily said...

Thanks yet again for hosting! Can't wait to click through and see what makes for a popular post. Google is definitely responsible for the one that tops my list, but I'm sure I'll read some that are actually well-written and inspiring :)

supermac said...

What a nice theme. I do not understand much about what makes a post popular. And now maybe I'll do. xx

Catherine said...

It would be lovely if my most popular post was something elegantly crafted and profoundly meaningful but no, all you need to do is use the words Elizabeth Taylor in the title and Google will go insane. I wrote the post shortly after she died and did not do it for hits but I average over 200 a day- more a statement about her than me! Great topic idea!

danneromero said...

wow! 7000! my best one (above) only got 131......

Mrs Woog said...

Agghhh! too late! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...