Friday, 20 January 2012

Weekend Rewind - Yellow edition

I can't but feel sorry for poor ol' Sam Wiggle. After five years donning his yellow skivvy (and five before that as a back up singer), it is all over for him. You'd have to feel like you drew the short straw to wind up wearing yellow everyday of your life anyway, right? Maybe not when it comes with a lucrative contract.

Image from here
Apparently there has been behind the scenes drama. Apparently Sam has been getting flack for being the 'salaried Wiggle'. All that workplace bullying is over now because Greg Wiggle is re-joining the Wiggles after being given the all-clear from his medical condition. It might have something to do with the fortune he lost in bad business decisions during the GFC? Or maybe he misses the pre-school set? Either way, Jeff, Anthony, Murray and Greg are a team again. And Sam is O.U.T.

This week I am dedicating the Weekend Rewind to the colour yellow. I thought Anthony Wiggle's teeth were controversial, but it seems that the rights to wear yellow is far more so.

So this week, find a little 'yellow' in one of your posts (image, words), link it up for some new comment love and share your thoughts on some other posts on the linkylist. You should Facebook, Tweet or Stumble posts you love, and ask your peeps to join in. Don't forget to follow me if we aren't already acquainted, and answer me this: Are you team Greg or team Sam?

Here's mine: People don't eat those fish, they are for penguins

Now show us yours...

14 comments:

sarah said...

Linking up for my first rewind...Im a bit bemused by the wiggles. Surely they have made enough money and created enough smiles to walk away gracefully! I took my 6 year old to concerts for the first 4 years of her little life and then returned at Christmas with my 18 month old...they seemed worn out and over it. The greying hair, the dad jokes and the lack of energy made me wonder why they didn't just step aside and enjoy their success?? Sam needs to start a rogue wiggles group...

My New Normal said...

Hmm, tough one. 200 posts for me but nothing talking about yellow.

toushka lee said...

I think sam is way hotter. But that's not the point. The original wiggles are back together and all is as it should be I guess. Sam will be fine - isn't he married to Dorothy the dinosaur?

toushka lee said...

my yellowist post is a polly dolly one. hardly literary genius but I'm linking up anyway.

MultipleMum said...

Loved it Toushka Lee and so, so good to see you :-) x

Cathy said...

Some kids grew up with Greg. Some grew up with Sam. Some saw the change over the first time around. And some are seeing it now. The music goes on. New kids fall in love with the songs. The world keeps turning. BUT parents don't like to see someone they liked and their kids adored shafted - this has been a massive PR fail. If they went about it differently, Sam probably wouldn't have minded leaving. Alternatively, as many suggested, they could have expanded the group to include another colour wiggle...as it now stands, the once infallible Wiggles have left a sour taste in paying customers mouths...will be interesting to see sales of next round of concerts...

Mum on the Run said...

Team Sam.
And team sad.
:-)

x S.K.K x said...

First time reader and Linker
I like that the original 4 are back together :-) But still sad to see Sam go!

anecdotalanna said...

I too am a first time linker. Thought I should get my feet wet. Thank you so much for facilitating this.

As far as the Wiggles are concerned, with that much money involved, I would be quietly confident there would be a very well written contract in the background that addressed happenings such as this.

Cheers,
Ana

Jaimee Hunter said...

Darling Daughter was 10 when I became the mom-in-charge so Wiggles are not on my radar. I always liked the yellow teletubby though. :-) I had to do a search about yellow to find a post...it's the one I wrote after my late sisters' "friends" took it upon themselves to let me know all the negative things sister had ever said about me. Boo!

Kim H said...

i didn't know that Sam was out. I'm so pleased. Greg was always the better Wiggle and he was my Lewi's 4 year old Wiggle time. Now I wished they'd bring back all the old Hi-5's. I hate change!!!

Mrs Woog said...

Poor Sam! Royally fucked over. X

supermac said...

It is always a joy to join Weekend Rewind. Off to read the other linkies. Have a fab weekend.

InkPaperPen said...

Oh poor Sam. I only knew the Wiggles with Sam, Greg was before our time. Can we not have 5 Wiggles? Too much wiggly goodness?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...