Wednesday, 15 February 2012

The Food Patrol 90 Day Challenge: The Day Off

Image from here
Another week, another 1.1 kilos lost*.

Week Four on the Food Patrol** program contained the first of the designated days off. The first two meals of the day you can consume pretty much anything you want. The rest of the meals of the day continue with the Food Patrol program.

The Food Patrol team sent out a reminder email about this via their VIP e-mail support and encouraged me to plan my meals.

The idea behind the Food Day Off is that if you are following the program properly the rest of the time, the day off helps to accelerate your results by resetting your metabolism at an increased level. Days off are scheduled at the end of weeks 4, 6, 8 and 10.

I remember when I first read through the program, I encountered the concept of the food Day Off. I thought that I would be DYING for these days during the program, and, honestly, if I had have had the chance at the end of Week 2 I reckon I would have eaten for Australia. The reality was quite different.

When the day arrived on Saturday, I approached it tentatively. I planned it, as suggested, opting for homemade Bacon and Eggs for breakfast and a Thai green curry for lunch. I felt nervous about branching out from my routine; a routine that has proven to provide excellent weight loss results for me. I was worried that I would fall off the wagon for good once I had a taste of sugar, salt and oil again.

Those Day Off meals were flavoursome, without a doubt, but I struggled to finish them. I savoured them, knowing that I wouldn't be indulging for another fortnight, but I was happy to return to my new routine. They were special. But they were enough.

Funny thing is, I felt bloated and yucky the next day and for the next two days too. A food 'hangover' of sorts. I was happy with my weight loss for the week, expecting it to be less because of my guilt-free indulgences. We will have to see if it shows up on the scales next week.

If you had a Food Day Off, what do you think you would eat for breakfast and lunch?

Would you like to try out the program? Why not enter my giveaway it closes on Friday?.

* For those interested in the fine print, my starting weight was 86.6 kg (16.01.2012) and I now weigh 78.3kg.
**The Food Patrol is a sponsor of And then there were four.


10 comments:

ZippyZippy said...

Wow - what a fantastic achievement - keep up the good work!

Mrs Woog said...

Good on you! X

Shelley @ My Shoebox Life said...

Brilliant! Loving the fine print. xx

Jen R said...

Funny how quick our taste and bodies change to the sugar and salt...love the fine print awesome results!!

Miss Mandy said...

Great results, this week and all round. I know what you mean about the food hangover! It's funny, you don't realise how much 'better' you feel until you feel like crap and then you really notice! Was I seriously doing that to myself?

Mum on the Run said...

That's brilliant work.
I actually got a little nervous at the mention of a food day off!
But like you say, once you're eating well you don't want to sabotage yourself or your taste buds.

Now, to get that 'eating well' thing happening again here...
:-)

InkPaperPen said...

That's brilliant. Congratulations x

therhythmmethod said...

Well done! Sounds like the program is really working for you. x

Photographer Mum said...

So glad I have been able to enter! Our internet died 2 weeks ago so had to do it via my phone.
I would so love to do this! I have 2 weddings this year, my cousin and my sister so I am wanting to lose the tummy asap!!
You have done a great job - keep it up! Looking forward to seeing the results in real life! Must catch up soon.

Seana Smith said...

Hello, your days off meals sound delicious, esp the green curry. Now, I really don't believe in continuous week after week dieting, but glad to hear you are feeling good on this regime.

Take it easy and hope that you get to the weight you want and then - crucially - stay there.

Why don't weight loss programs first teach us how to NOT put on weight, ie how to stay steady?? Cos that's a vital skill.

I write this having eaten a small but delicious choccie mousse.... all part of a healthy, balanced diet !!??!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...