Friday, 3 February 2012

Weekend Rewind - School days edition

Last week's Rewind was all about your most popular post (statistically speaking). I was hoping to uncover the secrets of SEO but alas it is still a mystery! I really enjoyed reading through the posts though especially this one by Lisa and this one by Yvette.

This week Doo Dah started school. And it has rained. And rained. Raincoats on. Raincoats off. It is enough to drive a person insane. Just quietly, if the rain continues as forecast for the entire month of February, I think I will be needing a dose of Prozac to get me out of bed.

The beginning of school is a very exciting time for a little fellow. Doo Dah has been very happy with himself indeed. Loving his uniform, massive school bag and lunchbox. He is all big eyes and big stories. On Thursday, he was gushing about the fact that he had made a friend. Today, that boy has already been dropped.

 It will be a long year!

This week's Weekend Rewind is inspired by Doo's grand entrance into his school days. I want you to link up a post that has a "school" flavour to it. Maybe it is about your child's school, or your own school experiences. Maybe it is a school reunion post or perhaps just a lesson we can learn. I don't mind. You choose.

What you do need to do is link up the 'school' post, become my friend if we are not already acquainted, and comment on the posts of others (this is really important because it is how we get to know each other and it is comment love that keeps us bloggers happy. Right?). If you can, invite your friends to join in and Tweet, Facebook and Stumble your post and others that you enjoy so we can spread the word about the 'world's easiest linky (#weekendrewind).


Now it is over to you...

8 comments:

Yvette @ Delightfully Tacky said...

Oh Thank you so much for the mention in your post!! :) Overwhelmed by the interest in my 6 things.. must start sorting out more!! :)


My lil squirts aren't in school.. so will have to realllllly hunt to think of something for 'school' :)

Maxabella said...

I'm so glad he is doing so well. It's been a very wet beginning to his school career! x

Lisa H said...

Ditto what Yvette said!! Thanks so much for the mention. I'm flattered, and rather chuffed! :-) I'm really enjoying reading past posts that I missed, and now I'm actually getting some blogging history of my own I find I can join in more often too!

Because my kids both finished school WAY before I started my blog, I think my only school post is one I wrote on Monday, just because I wanted to join in on the back to school chatter. So I won't be rewinding very far this week.

I'm pleased to hear Doo Dah's first school days went well, despite the rain. One thing I remember about my own school days is the smell of wet raincoats in the classroom! That's something I think I'll never forget.

supermac said...

This themed Weekend Rewind makes this whole thing more and more interesting. Cheers! xx

Cath said...

Is there any reason this has dropped off on Saturday evening? Was hoping to come back and do some reading tonight.

MultipleMum said...

oops! Forgot to pay my subscripion (American dates are all back-to-front!). Have now sorted but have to wait for it to be updated. Will re-post list as soon as I can! Sorry for mix up! I am sooooooo good at this sort of thing :-(

joeh said...

OOPS!! Posted the wron Fraternity link. Can you delete my entry #25?

Cranky Old Man

Jen R said...

Been feelin the pain with the rain...but we just had a sun shiny weekend...fel much betterer now :0

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...