Friday, 29 June 2012

Weekend Rewind: Best headline edition

I had so much fun reacquainting myself with the Weekend Rewinders last week, that I thought we would have another session this week!

I heard about an artist this week who has the longest album titles imaginable. So long that I can't remember the name of the artist or the name of her latest album. That's a fail I think.

Anyway, it got me thinking about blog posts and their titles. I reckon I write some posts that fail because of the headlines I give them. I like to be a bit cryptic, which really doesn't work from an SEO perspective.

This week I want to learn more about how to attract a crowd through a headline. Some bloggers do it so well. Like a good glossy magazine, they drag me in even though I KNOW that Brad Pitt doesn't have a secret family or that Princess Kate is not pregnant. Mrs. Woogs is a master.

So if you want to play along, become my friend if we are not already acquainted and link up a post that has a great headline. Don't forget to pop around and comment on other posts too. If you want to you can tweet or Facebook your post and share the Weekend Rewind love around the blogosphere.

So here is my favourite, but not terribly effective, headline: How long 'til a rodent goes crisp?

Over to you...



8 comments:

Maxabella said...

I'm much too in love with a cryptic pun for Googleto like me. I will try and link one up for your viewing pleasure. Good to see the Rewind rewinding. x

Sarah said...

I KNOW I said it last week but I do L O V E the rewind!!

Erin said...

Considering how much time I pore into headlines sometimes, sometimes as much as the post, you think I'd find really catchy ones. They don't seem so great now.
really glad to be back rewinding:)

Lisa H said...

I missed the Rewind last week, but it's great to be back at it this week. YAY!

Shelley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelley said...

Love this! I've seen many great headlines. Don't think I'm quiet as creative myself will have to work on it!

Emily said...

My headlines are pretty straightforward - comes with the 'lesson-style' blog. But here's one that still makes me giggle. Yes, I'm still a child. x

River said...

Catchy post title? I don't think I have any, there's nothing spectacular about my posts or their titles. they just "drift along, like a River".

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...