Thursday, 12 January 2017

Year in Review: Warrumbungles


I don't think I managed a single post in 2016 so I am taking time to stock take 16 things to remember from 2016 before I can't remember them... So here goes...


I took the September school holidays off to hang with the kids while Greg and Dec went to New Zealand (more on that tomorrow). We ended up getting an invite to camp for a week in the Warrumbungles with some friends.

The Warrumbungles National Park is in NSW, near Coonabarabran. It has stunning scenery and beautiful flora and fauna and is a place of peace and serenity (except when we visit!). We had visited briefly a few years back and I had always wanted to spend some quality time there.

I took three of my kids and a friend of Nugget's. We had a wonderful time exploring the National Park and surrounds, managing a few longer bushwalks to the Breadknife and Grand High Tops, Split Rock and some shorter walks along the Burbie Canyon. The views were magnificent!



Coonabarabran is the astronomy capital of Australia. Such big skies! We had a talk by an astronomer at the NP and also visited the local observatory, Siding Spring which, conveniently had its annual open day while we were in the area.

Camping with four children is only possible with a community of helpful, supportive friends around you. Not only to assist with the mundane tasks of cooking and the ever-present washing-up but essentially to enjoy a wine or three at the end of a strenuous day.

It was a great little trip and I highly recommend a visit!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...